- Explore how spending, saving and values impact your finances.
- Set financial goals that are specific and measurable
- Apply strategies to be mindful about spending decisions.
- Create a spending plan to reach your goals.
- Figure out ways to maintain a positive cash flow
- Explore the payoffs of investing in yourself
- Measure the value of employee benefits.
- Assess factors that impact personal tax liability and take-home pay.
- Start down the path to achieving your lifestyle and financial goals.
- Prepare to deal with life and work changes.
- Identify and prioritize some of your personal and financial goals.
- Identify the steps you can take and the resources you will need to achieve your goals.
- Identify and examine your current spending behaviors and patterns.
- Understand what it means to budget, and identify the reasons to maintain a budget.
- Create and maintain a personal budget that supports your personal and financial goals.
- Use a checking account.
- Select banking tools and technology to handle personal business transactions.
- Protect your personal account information.
- Select a financial service provider.
Saving & Investing
- List and explain some of the advantages of saving money.
- Understand the concept of “pay yourself first” and list some ways to encourage this habit.
- List and explain the differences among the most common saving methods.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of popular investment vehicles.
- Understand what investment fraud is, and list some of the ways you can protect yourself against investment swindlers.
- Compare and contrast the short- and long-term consequences of investment decisions
- Weigh the benefits and risks of borrowing.
- Compare the costs and terms of borrowing options
- Start the journey to establish a good credit rating.
- Explore the rights and responsibilities of borrowers and lenders.
- Protect yourself from identity fraud.
- Compare the benefits and drawbacks of renting vs. buying a home.
- Develop a knowledge of the home-buying process
- Understand and compare various types of mortgages.
- List some of the costs of owning and operating a car.
- List some of the things you should research and some decisions you should make before you begin to shop for a car.
- Justify reasons to be insured.
- Investigate how insurance works.
- Choose insurance for specific needs and situations.
- Demonstrate what to do after an auto accident.
- Describe some of the ways you can get in trouble using credit.
- Explain the first steps to take if you can’t pay your bills on time.
- Understand how to evaluate a “credit repair” company before deciding whether or not to use its services.
- Understand the protections provided by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Understand the disadvantages of using bankruptcy as a solution to debt.
Ready to take the course?
Click the START button to begin.